Use this form to submit your student assessments. These marks will appear on the “Assessments” tab of your profile, visible only to you and to UIT staff. UIT staff will also provide assessments on these metrics. These assessments will be done at various points throughout the year. The metrics on these assessments will change over time.
Student assessments are not your grades. They represent a way for students to self-assess on various skills crucial to succeeding in both this program and in the work force. They also include an aggregate assessment by UIT staff, along with relevant notes, as a comparison. These assessments are based on how well students perform based on expectations of their abilities and knowledge. There are no half points.
- Completely Unsatisfactory: One of these represents a significant failure on behalf of both the student and UIT.
- Needs Improvement: There’s nothing wrong with needing improvement. These give you goals to work towards.
- Meeting Expectations: We expect most students to be at or around this based on how highly we value the skills of our students. This would represent a grade of between 80 and 90.
- Exceeding Expectations: These will be infrequent because we have such high expectations, but they are possible.
- Exceptional Performance: Unlikely because of the incredibly high expectations we have. A 5 would be awarded if someone performed at a level that was truly exceptional well above and beyond what would be expected of a junior dev or early startup founder.
The average grade is anticipated at being be a score somewhat below 3. This means that our expectations of your work continue to be at a level that will challenge you. This indicates that we have been succesful in selecting appropriate students and devising a challenging curriculum.